Tuesday 8 January 2013

Cushion Cover or Pillow Case Wide Ribbon Trimming Tutorial


Pillows....
I love pillows..
Lots of them..

I saw this fabric at my local Ikea and I liked the print. Cushions. New ones!

Our leather sofa is nearly 8 years old and nothing can give it an easier update than a brand new and crisp pair of pillows (or a few more if you like :)

I got the pillows from there too and it's a 60cm x 40cm.
I added 2 cm on each side for seam allowance.


I wasn't sure whether to put in a ribbon trim or 10mm pompoms. The ribbon I got from the packaging of the shoes I bought. They used it to go around the box and there's roughly about 2 meters to wrap around a box and I used 3 for this pillow size, I think I must have used nearly 6 meters of 5 cm wide ribbon. For free! The pompom trim I bought can be used for another project :)

So I folded and pinned around the right side of the fabric. I didn't measure. I just did.

When I got to the corners, I didn't know exactly what to do to make it look continuous and at the same time neat. So I did it this way.
It didn't look too bad although next time I do one like this again, I would suggest putting at least 3-4 pleats on the corner.

I decided to stitch the trims after pinning them. 
It was slow going because of the amount of pleats and pins but it's worth in the end. 


I then applied the back portion on top of the stitched trim with the right sides facing, and pin!
Then turn inside out and admire your handiwork. 

I like.. you like?

I hope you do :)


No comments:

Post a Comment