Sunday 6 January 2013

Baking Soda Face Mask!

Well, I have been using baking soda for my baking and cleaning! I saw somewhere that you can use as a face mask and it gives you a microdermabrasion effect... Well well well.... not that I need one yet or maybe I do, I thought I'd give it a try today whilst the rest of the family went out for a walk.. Mind you, don't get scared, I didn't take any photos to show you! 

The recipe calls for 3 tsp baking soda plus a tsp of water. Mix into a paste and apply onto face in circular motion. My first mixture was kinda thick so I added a maybe another half a tsp of water. Massage onto face. It was forming clumps but not to worry because if you did put more drops of water, it will stay put on your face. I carried on rubbing all around my face and when I was satisfied with the scrubbing, I pasted it on my face as a mask. I felt some tingling sensation on some bits while it was drying out so maybe it was doing something to my face! (Fingers crossed!)

Rinse with lukewarm water. I also washed my face with my fave grapefruit face wash which is very refreshing. Toner and moisturizer to finish. 

I don't really use face mask all the time which I think maybe I should. As this is the first time I've used the baking soda, I cannot really guarantee how it would work out. Personal opinion? My face did feel much softer and smoother. So if any you has tried and tested this, give us a shout. I am keen to try it again in a week or so. 

Happy facemasking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment