Monday 19 November 2012

Vintage Chanel Necklace DIY Tutorial

I got my first ever comment the other day from Carolina of ArtistSpirit requesting the tutorial for the Vintage Chanel Necklace worn by Caroline Channing of 2 Broke Girls!

And as promised, if you'd like to know how I did it, I said I'll write it up and so here it is!

Materials:

20x 16mm white pearls
20x 14mm white pearls
2x 4mm white pearls

Gold curb chain:
1x 16 inches (adjust as needed)
1x 8inches
1x extension chain (if you feel you'll need it to adjust the drop)

20 x 20mm headpins 
20 x gold seed beeds (I only have a really thin set of headpins and the pearls has 1mm hole so had to use this to stop it from falling through)
20 x gold bead spacer
20 x 40mm long 0.8mm gold wire 
Jumprings
Lobster clasp

Tools:
Wire cutters
Round end pliers
Pliers


Insert the seed bead and bead spacer in the head pin followed by the 14mm pearls then make a small loop at the end

 With the 40mm wire, make a small loop at one end, insert the 16mm pearls and make another bigger loop at the end and it should look like this. Make sure your bigger loop will actually fit in the chain you'll be using.



 Connect the 2 pearls you've put together by attaching them through the loops you've made. This is how it should look like


 Assemble your chain. Attach the 8inch chain to the 16 inch chain using jumprings. Make sure they're in the middle with a bit of slack. The top pearls will be going on top of each other if there's no slack. So it should look like this:



 Attach your dangling pearls spreading them evenly through out the chain.



Attach your lobster clasp using a jump ring at one end of the chain.
I've put several jump rings at the end so it could adjust the drop a little bit higher or lower depending on the need. I've also put 2 little pearls at the end so it looks a bit more finished. :)


My model Ashley patiently sat and waited while I put on the pearls all the while making her appreciative comments on how pretty it was becoming.



Adjust the spread accordingly. I had 2-3 links in between the pearls
And hopefully you'll get this:




 Enjoy and wear with pride!
I hope you like it, shout out if you do! 






No comments:

Post a Comment