Tuesday 27 November 2012

Glitter and Sequins Shoes Mother & Daughter DIY

A couple of months ago, I bought a pair of bright pink shoes. Not that there is anything wrong with the color, it just wouldn't be my first choice. I bought it because it was on sale and I had this DIY in mind.
I also bought a pair of plain black mary janes for Ashley (on sale of course, £4 to be exact).
Glittered and sequined shoes!




My shoes turned out really glittery and very pretty. But disaster struck Ashley's pair.
Sadly, it wasn't possible to buy real leather brand new shoes for £4 and so, when I peeled off the painter's tape off, bits came with it :(
To remedy this, I tried Sharpie. It wasn't enough to cover the peeling so this is where the sequin trim came in! And as per Ashley's request, pink bows were added too!




 Ashley is delighted with her shoes! 
They are not wearing a uniform today for charity in her school and she couldn't be more excited to go to school to show off her glittery shoes! I think that's a result I cannot be happier with. I'm just going to see if the shoes has survived a day in school!

Right, this is a project that Ashley and I did together. She glitterized and I did mine. I applied the painter's tape only on the toe bit of my shoes and the inside of only 1 shoe (I got too excited to start with glitters!) and applied it all over the trim of Ashley's.
This is all we used: Mod Podge, glitter of your choice, a plastic container and brush. I must say the tape is optional. Tape anywhere you don't want the glitter in.


Mix equal parts of glitter and Mod Podge. I applied about 1 coat of the mix. I then sprinkled glitter like crazy all over the shoes. I left it to dry and applied a coat of Mod Podge on it own as a sealant. 


You can put some more glitter where it's needed, then seal it with a coat of Mod Podge again..


Enjoy your new sparkling shoes and wear with pride. I must say, I am very pleased with mine and I will  certainly be doing this on some flats!




No comments:

Post a Comment