Wednesday 21 November 2012

Super Easy Sparkly Bead Necklace DIY Tutorial

Christmas is near and I suppose everybody is going through all their gift list... 
This necklace tutorial is so easy and I hope you'll agree that it is pretty too.

plaited together
or twisted

For some reason, I cannot capture how much it sparkles when lights hit the beads. 

Right, this is what I did:

Materials:

2x End bead cap 15.8mm wide at the widest and 16mm long
1 pair of magnetic clasps (or you can use lobster if that's what you already have)
9 strands of 140pcs purple rondelle beads 3x4mm
string
crimping beads
1mm wire



 I strung 140 beads on a string, put 5 strings together and put crimping beads at each end.
I put the other 4 strings together in one crimping bead.

I then crimped it again but made a loop at each end
I also used a bit of jewelry wire to tie them together (you don't have to)

With the 4 loops of strings at each end, I made a loop big enough to accommodate the loops 

slid through the end bead cap

and make another loop to connect the magnetic clasps into

put the other half of magnetic clasp

You can either plait your strings or twist them, it's totally up to you but remember to do this when you're ready to put the strings together.

 I like mine plaited :)





No comments:

Post a Comment