Friday 30 November 2012

Tunisian Afghan Crocheted Bow Tutorial

I have heard about this type of crochet but haven't really tried it until last night.. I didn't have the proper Tunisian hook but my pony 3 mm was the same size till the end of the hook so I thought that might just work but not for a pattern that calls for a long number of stitches. 

So to try the hook out, I made this!

This is my first try and I must say it was fast going! I wanted to learn to knit so bad but haven't got the courage to touch the needles yet so I thought, I'd try Tunisian because some of the stitches does look a lot like knitted. I wanted to be able to make a ribbing stitch and I did! I am so happy although the better half couldn't understand what I was extremely happy about. LOL

Apparently a Tunisian Simple Stitch (TSS) is the same as a Tunisian Knit Stitch (TKS)? If I'm wrong please correct me because like I said, I just tried it last night and for some reason I got my Bow Pattern which is great because it's only made of 2 different stitches.

Pattern:

Chain 40
Row 1-3 Tss forward pass and return. (I made my Tunisian stitch only on the front facing vertical bar). Do not turn.
Row 4-10 Tunisian Stitch from front to back on forward pass and return.
Row 11-13 Tss same as as the first 3 rows. I didn't finish/close the Stitch. Leave about 6 inches tail left.

Fold in half, seam together. Pinch in the middle and finish by pulling the tail around the pinched area and you are finished! Embellish with ribbons, rhinestones, lace, put in a headband or with whatever you're little heart desire! You can also use it to embellish a bag, top or shoes!

If you want me to show you the exact way I did mine or for any questions at all about this pattern, just give me a shout and will try to help you out. There's a lot of tutorials out there on how to make the Basic Tunisian Stitch, TKS and other stitches. The possibilities are endless :)

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment