Friday 28 August 2015

Cross Stitched Family Portrait DIY


My cross stitched family portrait took me longer than expected to do. I was a very keen cross stitcher when I finished university. I used to do it all night! Maybe that's why I thought a teeny tiny one would be a breeze and maybe take me an hour or two to complete. But no. Sadly, drawing it took an hour already. But how it turned out was quite surprisingly pleasing and adorable. Apart from maybe changing the color of the Aida cloth to show that Skips (our white female Maine Coon) is actually present, I think it turned out pretty nice.

Here's the drawing I made of the pattern. A few inspirations from Martha Stewart came in handy. I had to revise the pattern for Ashley and I. She's taller than me now and we both have long hair. The only distinction between her and me in the pattern was that I am on a dress. But anyone can get that mixed up. So to show the true depiction of our family, I made her taller than me in our cross stitched family portrait and gave her a plaited hair! 💁




I added a few seed beads and a lot back stitches later....

Ta dah! What do you think? It looks cute. I placed it in a frame. I still have to figure out how to frame it properly but for now, it's sitting nice and proud in our hallway where everyone can see it.

What do you think?


May xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment