Saturday 19 December 2015

Easy Diy Pearl Bead Ball Tutorial

Easy Diy Pearl Ball

Hi guys! I've been absent lately. Work and life seems a bit hectic sometimes that when I get minute to myself, I tend to sit tight and breathe... just breathe. Maybe with my eyes closed too sometimes :-)

Anyway, after that collaboration with Ashley and running out of big blingy crystal type beads to accentuate the crocheted rope beads that I have been making, I thought it would be nice to make my own bead. Perusing the web and pinterest, I found this! I have tried a few and it didn't quite work out.. but this one was a breeze! Although I'm not sure how to end and close and secure this ball, I winged it and it seems firm and secure.

Materials:

any round bead, same size
wire thread

I tried using a cotton thread but it was a crochet type thread and that was a nightmare to thread through a beading needle. Wire thread made it soooooo much easier to thread the pearl beads without ending up cross eyed!

So, here are the pictures of the step by step! Enjoy!











Slowly pull tight.

I twisted the end of the wires together.


I pulled it through the whole bead a few times going in different angles and soon as I'm happy at how secure it was (which was quite a few), I cut the twisted wires as close as I can so it doesn't show. 


Here they are! Aren't they adorable? These are so versatile. They can be used as stud or dangling earrings, a pendant with the chain fed through, a bracelet using one or a few. Endless possibilities!
Enjoy!

May xx

No comments:

Post a Comment